|ALICE IN WONDERLAND MASKS|
|TOADSTOOLS PICKED UP FROM THE MANCHESTER CHRISTMAS MARKETS|
However for a very large event and budget, to make sure your event goes off without a hitch, you will need to hire an event planner.
|ALICE BUNTING I MADE MYSELF|
Follow this link for tutorials on how to create some Alice decorations:
For cost effective decorations make your own bunting like I have. It is so easy! Firstly I scanned in photos from the original Alice in Wonderland book by Lewis Carroll, created a bunting shaped template and cropped the image in Photoshop. Then I printed the bunting, cut them out and hung them over some string. They look very effective. If you have a colour theme in mind, simply print the bunting templates onto coloured paper.
|MAD HATTERS HAT|
To tie the theme together, there are several elements you can include from the story. Such as:
- Large playing cards
- Topiary tree’s, artificial or real, such as cone, conifer, topiary ball or spiral shaped trees.
- ‘This Way’ or ‘Down the Rabbit Hole’ signs at the entrance of the venue,
- Red carpet at the entrance as well lining it with the trees.
- The Mad Hatters Hat or top hats (http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk)
- A black and white dance floor. There are many places in and around Manchester were can hire a black and white checkered dance floor (http://event1.rtrk.co.uk).
- If you are on a budget, you can buy a large black and white chess board can possibly double up as a dance floor. Or you can buy the large chess piece from £250.00
- Plastic flamingos.
- Rose petals or red roses
- Bottles placed on the tables with tags around the neck of the bottle saying, ‘Drink Me’.
- If you have printed material on the tables for guests to read, whether it’s a corporate function, or a program of the evening events, with ‘Read Me’ printed on the front of the booklet written in old fashioned letters, and printed on brown card, tied with string. Old fashioned labels can be bought from (www.etsy.co.uk)
|LARGE PLAYING CARDS|
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST ALICE INSPIRED POST, WHICH INCLUDES HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECORATIONS! fOLLOW THE LINK BELOW...