|Wedding cake by JIM SMEAL|
- Venue hire in winter is much cheaper than in the warmer months
- Availability is better, as less people get married in the colder months
- Budget friendly
- Discounts from suppliers such as honeymoons, accommodations, etc,
|THEME'S AND DECORATIONS Also when it comes to decorations, there are several themes you can choose from.|
|By Preston Bailey|
- CHRISTMAS THEME - Using reds, greens and golds. The tables can be adorned with red or green table clothes, scented candles such as mulled wine, spices, foliage such as red berries and holly, and Christmas figurines.
- WINTER WONDERLAND - Here you can use a colour pallet of blues, whites and silver. Table centerpieces of tall white tree's hanging small trinkets off the branches. Use blue lighting, white linens such as chair covers and table clothes, and splashes of colour of sliver and blue's for accessories such as chair cover sashes, table runners and napkins.
- ALL WHITES - A simple theme using whites, ivory, pale grays, off whites and creams. Use centerpieces of a mixture of white and cream flowers mixed with foliage, in tall vases. White candles, snowflakes and crystal table scatters to add to centerpieces and mirrors also work well.
Now lets not forget about the venue either. Remember that gorgeous wedding venue that you would love to get married in, but is way out of your price range? Why not see how much cheaper it is in the winter months. You may find it is now within your budget. As many venue's around Manchester and surrounding area's are eager to be hired out as they tend to be quieter at this time of year, they are eager to have your business. They may even add in some extra's such as chair covers, drinks packages or extending the hours you can hire the venue.
So don't be put off by the cold for getting married in the winter, there are several perks such as snow covered scenery for your photographers, big discounts at the top venue's, and many suppliers offering discounts.
So whatever time of year you decide to get married, I am sure it will be beautiful. Though if you do have a tight budget and are looking for a beautiful and romantic atmosphere, think of getting married in the winter!